Tuesday, December 16, 2008

TaLkIn TuEsDaY

I know I know, it's a little late today. It's only 7 mins until midnight so technically it is still Tuesday. To be honest I really didn't have much to talk about today until now. Since everyone is in financial crises mode because of our wonderful economy, for those that don't already do what I am about to let you in on or don't know about it at all I thought it would be useful. So since about August I have been clipping coupons from the Sunday paper, who knew right. I never thought that I would EVER clip coupons. When Dev and I first started dating he always had coupons for restaurants and I always made so much fun of him. So when I quit my job to stay at home and only had so much money in my budget each month for groceries I thought this would be a good way to help save a little bit of money. I thought even if I could save just a few dollars each time I went to the store then that would be better than nothing, little did I know I would be saving almost $100 a month or more! So tonight I went to Albertson's and bought 15 Items and my total with tax and everything came to $13.75 and my total savings was $32.60 This means that I spent around .92 cents yes cents for each item I purchased! And to be honest this wasn't even my best purchase thus far for saving money. Another time I went and saved $60.00 and then a couple weeks ago I went to Walgreens and saved $45.00 and that purchase included diapers, wipes and formula. Some of you already know how and why this happened and some of you are wondering how and why. It is simple really. Albertson's once a week has these deals 2 for $5 3 for $5 4 for $5 and then particularly this time for every $10 you spent you got an additional $4 off your purchase and then plus my coupons this is how I saved myself almost $33 and paid around .92 cents for each item I got. Albertson's isn't the cheapest grocery store around but when they are having their deals and I have the coupons for the stuff I need anyway for those deals, it is great. Also I have found Walgreens to be the best for diapers and wipes most the time as well and sometimes formula.(if I have my coupons and they are having their deal or coupons too) Anyway this is just a little part of it, it would take to long to write all out and explain so if you are really interested in hearing or learning more just let me know and I would be happy to tell you. I think everyone should be doing this and everyone should know all about it, why not what do you have to loose, you can't afford not too!

7 comments:

Meg said...

Ames I am VERY proud of you!! I love bargain shoppers!! You have got to get in with Koty.. I am not kidding she gets nearly everything she buys for free cause she is in some network that tells you how and where the good deals are... I think you should call her EVERY sunday and find out. She has given me grocery's because she got them for less than .10 cents. Everytime I visit her she stocks me up! Kmart also does double coupon days.. I am sorry I didn't know you were a coupon-er or I would have called you. Also my mom does this online thing from KSL that is this shopper dude that tells you where you can get the BEST deals that week ask her about that. Next time I see a good deal.. I will add you on the list.. usually I tell 3 of my girlfriends who are coupon-ers. aunt debbie, and Koty and Logan and my roomies so now I will tell you too!!
Love that you are being conscience!

Valerie Hall said...

I need to figure that whole thing out. Way to go!

Kevin & Mari said...

Amy! You and I need to talk! lol. I have never been a bargain shopper, but you're inspiring me.

Trimbles said...

Amy... I click coupons too, and I use this thing called thegrocerygame.com They look up current sales and match coupons for you so you get double savings and they do all the work. I love it! Check them out!

The Genta Family said...

Way to go Amy! You need to let me in on your little secret. It would be a great way to do food storage also!

Shelly said...

I should be doing that also. I am just lazy and don't make lists and so them my coupons go to waste. I should look over the adds better. You are a good example thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Camie said...

Tell me how please! I would love to be able to save more :) Share the information :).
P.S. I bought some MAC makeup last night--- I am so excited---- I might need a lesson on how to wear it though.