Saturday, January 3, 2009

Super Super Sick

Well it was unfortunate that this year for the holidays we were all sick, especially me. Gracie was way sick the week before Christmas throwing up and the runs, which left her dehydrated and we had to go to the dr.s and get fluids in her asap! That was scary! (that's another story in itself which I will share another day) I have been sick on and off for 2 wks now. You name it I have had it, the day after Christmas and New Years Eve and Day were the worst, I was basically on my death bed. It really hasn't been fair either A. because it was the Holidays and B. because moms shouldn't get sick because they still have to be moms! So those that are sick all the time for different reasons I don't know how you do it. I kept thinking of my Grandma and my good friend Bunnie after her Chemo treatments, how sick she gets. I am sure it didn't even compare but I layed there thinking about it and felt for them. So I finally went to the Dr's yesterday and found out I have strep throat. He said it probably started out Viral that's why I was so sick and then turned into the real thing. The good news was it can be treated with an antibiotic bad news was I opted for the shot because I am the worse with taking pills and thought it would be easier to just get it over with. For those that have never had a shot of Antibiotics um all I can say is..... hurts like nothing else. I think I would rather of had an epidural all over again. Needless to say today I am doing a little bit better other than were my shot is there is a huge lump in which I keep trying to massage out. I am still considered contagious until tomorrow and hopefully by Monday I will be back to normal again, well normal for me. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I will hopefully be able to post later a little bit about our Christmas because that was the one good day I had.

4 comments:

The Genta Family said...

Oh Amy.... I'm glad your on the mends. So sorry you have been so sick. I hope the rest of your family is feeling better also. Luv u!

sue-donym said...

Well that explains why you've been on my mind lately. But it does not explain why I can't seem to pick up a phone and call. I'm horrible at that.
Sorry you've been so sick. I hope you feel better super soon!

Sierra said...

I had to get one of those shots when I was pregnant and got pnuemonia... the first time. It really does suck. Sorry to hear you are under the weather.

Dave and Shelby said...

So sorry you were sick. That is not fun.... How are you doing? We need to get our night outs figured out. I will try to call you and Jen today.