Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gracie's two week stats......

I took Gracie to her two week Dr. appointment on Tuesday the 15th, she isn't even back to her birth weight yet. I guess I am starving her or something I don't think I have enough milk. So I am going to have to supplement. Anyway she weighed 6'11 when she was born and 18 and half inches long. When we left the hospital she was 6'5.

Weight: 6'9
Height: 20 and half inches

She is 12% for her weight and 58% for height. I can't believe she is already two weeks old. She is really alert for a newborn and hardly ever cries unless she is starving. She is sleeping ok through the night, some nights she will sleep from 12:30 until 5:30 a.m. It seems that everything that I said I wouldn't do with my 2nd child I am doing. More or less out of laziness but also because I am so tired. Hopefully by six weeks it will be better and she will be on some sort of routine and so will I. She loves her baths now that her umbilical cord fell off and she can be submerged in the water. She smiles alot in her sleep and we have noticed she has some pretty deep dimples.

She has this little mark on her lip the Dr. said at first it was from sucking so hard in the womb, which this girl does love to suck, she will suck that pacifier like there is no tomorrow. Now the doc is saying that it could be a birth mark but we won't know for sure until her 2 month appointment, so until then. It also looks like she has no eyebrows or eyelashes because they are so light, so she will probably be a toe head. She has the prettiest color of hair right now. Well we just love her and glad that she is here and healthy! She really is an angel.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, it makes me miss her already just reading about her. Seeing her every couple of days just doesn't cut it. She really is an angel. I could just sit and hold her for hours.

Ashley said...

she may not be gaining weight as fast but she already grew 1.5 inches so that has to count for something right???

Cammi said...

She is so TINY and adorable! I need to see her again!

Kayli said...

Congratulations Amy! Sorry I am so slow to comment! Gracie is so adorable, and I am so happy for you that you have a girl, it looks like so much fun to have dresses and bows (maybe someday for me)! That sounds scary that you were hemorrhaging I am glad that you are okay!

The Jensen's said...

Have you ever heard of the pumpkin patch? they have cute kid clothes. www.pumpkinpatch.com