Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First day of Preschool


Tuesday was Easton's first day of Preschool. This will be his 2nd year and his last. He goes to a lady that used to be in my ward growing up in Orem. He loves it and his teacher Mrs. Tammy. So it's nice because every Tuesday and Thursday I get two and half hours to myself (well except for Gracie). On the other hand it makes me so sad that this time next year he will be in Kindergarten.I often ask myself, where has the time gone? The things that he says and does everyday makes him seem ten sometimes instead of four. I don't realize how smart he is.My dad always says that he is worried because he thinks that Easton might be smarter than all of us because of the way he acts and the things he says or does sometimes. I love how sweet he is and protective of me, we have been through alot together. He will always be my special little buddy even the day he gets married and has "another" women in his life. Don't get me wrong he is not a perfect angel all the time! He is a typical boy and is one of the most stubborn four year olds I know. I don't know if you have ever heard the song by Kenny Chesney "Don't Blink" it is such a good song and if you haven't heard it I will try and download it on here sometime for you. It is a great song though to let you know how fast life goes by. Just sit down and take it all in because before you know it your life's almost over. My favorite part of the song is "when your hour glass is out of sand, you can't flip it over and start again". That is so true. Anyway even though it is hard sometimes and challenging I love being a mom and I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for sending these two sweet little spirits to me!!!

4 comments:

Meg said...

I am just dying.. I feel like I am reliving CJ's childhood all over again.. he used to come to my preschool.. he looked just like this cutie!! How sweet!

Dave and Shelby said...

Hello my long lost friend. How are you. i can not believe how big Easton is and that baby girl is so cute. I am so happy to see all is going well. I have a gift for you and I told Jen we need to just go out one night. Seriously Gracie is so beautiful. Are you all done with work now. I hope you get to stay home with those two cute kids. I love to see the pictures of you three girls with your three girls. They are going to be the best of friends. So happy you are doing well. Lets get together.
XOXO Shelby

Valerie Hall said...

I can't believe Easton is that old. I know I will be in pieces when Emerson starts all of that stuff. He is so cute!

Sierra said...

I cried all two hours last year when I sent Alli to preschool. THis year was sad as well, but I held it together much better. PLus, I don't know what I would do without that quiet time. Kindergarten next year is going to be so hard.