Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TaLkIn TuEsDaY

So I have been thinking a little bit about my life lately. So I thought I would list some things that I have learned in my short 25 years:

Life is too short, that no matter how much you said or didn't want to turn out like your parents you turn out just like them, that life never turns out how you plan or think it's going too, that you can get anybody to tell you anything while driving in a car, that no matter how hard I work out I will never look like a celebrity, that when you loose someone close to you, especially a child it's one of the hardest things you will ever do,that teenagers don't know everything, (like I thought I did when I was one), that no matter how many clothes I buy or things I have it doesn't make me happier or feel better, that the grass is not always greener on the other side, that it is hard to watch your kids get bigger, your self get older, especially when your parents get older, that no matter how popular you were or not in Highschool doesn't even matter never did and doesn't make up the person you are, that forgiving others is alot easier than forgiving yourself, that honesty is not always the best policy ie; "do I look fat in these jeans?", that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover or until you have read it, that even though we are all guilty of it, gossip hurts, especially when it is about you, that I am wrong, most of the time, that chocolate DOES make it all better, that no matter how bad I want to believe that I don't care what people think, I do, that Devin will never learn to put the toilet seat down, that things always seem worse when you are going through it than it probably really is, that you shouldn't sweat the small stuff and most things are small, that time does mend a broken heart, that you shouldn't take people or things for granted, that love hurts, that your "past" does not make the person that you are today, that when you love someone you don't see their weakness you only see their strengths unless of course they are your husband......jk, that people make mistakes, that my family is always there for me no matter what, that nobody is perfect, that my mom is my biggest fan, that trust is something you start out with and can be easily taken away and a lifetime to get back, that my sisters are my best friends, that being a mom is my favorite thing to do, that I can watch my sleeping baby for ever, that when someone close to you is hurting especially your child it is hard to watch and you will stop at nothing to try and make it go away, that their is nothing more neat then giving birth to your child that you carried for 9 months, that there is nothing like the love a mother has for their child and no one will ever understand that until they are a mother, that I never knew how greatful I would be that I get to spend eternity with my best friend and that families are forever, and last but not least that I learn something new everyday! When you leave your comment, if you would like tell us all something you have learned in your life. Thanks for reading another Talkin Tuesday, see you next week same day same blog!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, Ames that was very nice. Something that I've learned.... serving others makes my load lighter!!!

Ashley said...

What a sweet post!
I miss you!

I have learned that enduring through your trials, whether big or small, will make you a stronger person in the end and strenghten your testimony beyond what words can explain.

Wilder Family said...

Hey Amy...its your very long lost friend Jenny (Hawke) I just found yours and Shelbys blog and just wanted to say hello! Your kids are adorable! You still in Utah? We are down there a lot so maybe one of these days we could all meet up.. it would be fun!

Shelly said...

You are so wise in your old age. You are a good example to me. I have learned everything I know from my parents, even if it is not always exactly what we want for ourselves. I will always look to their examples as a strength. Trials do make us stronger and test our faith and commitment to our Heavenly Father.

Sierra said...

So much wisdom collected into one small space. You've really learned a lot. I don't have anything to add because I'm a slow learner and very stubborn. hopefully in time...

gillman said...

great post amy!
i have learned that just when things are at their darkest, that is when Heavenly Father sends you some light.
Meg :0)

The Staheli's said...

AMY! It's been SOOO long! Your family is adorable. You look so happy. :) I love finding old friends in the blogging world.
I love your "Talking Tuesday" posts.
Lets see...lessons I've learned? The Lord answers our prayers...always. Even if it's not what we were hoping for.

Meg said...

I've learned that there are A LOT worse things than being single (even though most people think it is the end of the world) and that even though I am not of Mother of my own children, (yet) I can still inspire, love and bless others children's lives.

Unknown said...

i tagged easton & gracie

The Shafer Family said...

I've learned that patience really is a virtue. My biggest regrets in life have been when I let my impatience with someone or something take over and then I end up doing or saying things I never would have done otherwise. Now when those impatient feelings begin to creep in I take a step back and really think before I act.