Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"

So I wasn't the most excited about my birthday coming this year. I know I am dumb but seriously I was having a hard time with the fact that I was turning 26. I know I know it's not that old but for me I was dreading it. Imagine how I will be with 30! It really was a great birthday. It was on Sunday July 12th so we kicked it off a little early. I went on Friday night to see Transformers with my girlfriends Cammi and Audrey since I really wanted to see it and my husband had already gone without me! Thanks girls for going to see a total action packed guy film with me. On Saturday my mom and I went and got pedicures and then went shopping. (thanks mom) I wanted a new bed set this year since I can always get clothes. We found a really cute one at Kohls, it was just what I was looking for. I will take a picture of it later to show ya. Later that night Devin took me up to Sundance for dinner (it has kind of been tradition, we have gone every year for my Bday since we have been married) we went with our good friends Matt and Veeann. Devin gave me money to go shopping, a shirt and a gift certificate to go get a massage, what a great husband! After dinner my in laws came up and met us at the movies and we went and saw "The proposal" best movie I have seen all year.....loved it loved it loved it!! We laughed so hard tell we cried, great movie! Thanks to my cousin Megan for watching Gracie for us so I could go with my hubby and enjoy myself, I really appreciated it.

Here we are eating out delicious meal, I love their food!



On Sunday we of course went to church. Thanks everyone for the Happy birthday wishes, the sweet cards, gifts, and goodies. It made for it to be not such a "bad Sunday birthday". We went over to dinner at my moms, she made my favorites; crock pot chicken and fish. We had a whole smorgashborg of food.

All of the chicas with our little bro.

Opening my presents:

A cute tank and cardigan from Kyz


Another cute shirt and some jewlery from Jamie


My cute island cake.......
So much for being upset about turning 26, I got to be 17! YEAH!!


My hubby lovin me


Mommy and I


My cute dad and I

And of course a picture of Grace girl

Thanks everyone for making it such a wonderful birthday! Here is to another great year.

2 comments:

The Staheli's said...

I kind of freaked out about 26 too. I love the 17 on your cake! Have a fabulous year! :)

Meg said...

I must say 30 isn't that bad either... even when your still single! Chin up my girl! You rock 26!