Sunday, June 1, 2008

RETIREMENT

So it's official! I am done working, Friday was my last day. It was a bitter sweet day, here is a picture with me and all my friends that I worked with. (Some for the seven years I have been in the business.) I am afraid though the job I have retired too will in some ways be harder but more fulfilling (I am talking about being a mom for those who haven't caught on yet and if you don't think that being a mom is alot of work or hard sometimes you live in a fantasy world). I am excited though to start a new chapter in my life and the fact that Easton is so excited makes me even happier. I will miss it though I loved my job and working, there was something about it that made me feel needed and important. I was Amy Jensen not just Eastons mom or Devins wife, not that those are bad things. I will miss my clients, friends and most of all working with my dad. It was fun to see him in a different light and what a smart, fun, hard working guy he is! He really is the best at what he does. Anyway I feel completely blessed though that I get to stay home and be a mom. I also am thankful for the seven years I got to work hard, experience and learn so much not just about my job but myself.

1 comment:

Cammi said...

Yay - I'm happy for you to be able to focus on Easton and Gracie as a mom. But I also understand the need (and want) to work so you are a "person". Before you know it, our kids will all be in school and we'll be back at it again!